PROTECTIVE OPERATIONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY 20 hours TCOLE CREDIT
This course is two 10 hour days. It is a demanding course loaded with information, range exercises and dynamic drills. Students should be of the physical ability to withstand two days of constant movement. Day one will conclude with a Night Lab exercise. Your duty weapon is required however, if you are certified with the Patrol Rifle, you may use this weapons for some of the exercises. You will need 500 rounds pistol or 300 rounds pistol and 200 rounds rifle along with extra magazines and mag pouches. We will also be drawing from concealment therefore a concealment holster and jacket/vest are required.
– Concepts, Theory and Principles of High Risk Protection
– Equipment for Travel, Vehicles and Personal Gear
– Live Fire Pistol/Rifle Drills Relevant to Protective Operations
– Selection and Professionalism of Detail Members
– Rolls and Responsibilities of Detail Members
– Advance Security Survey and Threat Assessment
– Foot Movement/Formations
– Threat Recognition and Indications
– Static Vehicle Shooting Drills Live Fire
– Immediate action Drills, Ambush Situations, Dynamic Live Fire
– Motorcade Procedures
– Vehicle Arrival and Departure Drills
*With over 30 years in Law Enforcement plus 8 years full time working over seas in the tactical field, you wont find a more experienced instructor offering a course such as this one for only $169.00!! This course easily beats out other courses costing 3 – 4 times more!
Students will receive 20 hours TCOLE credit through Navarro College Police Academy.
High Risk Patrol Tactics –
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY – 20 Hrs TCOLE Credit
Officers are being ambushed at an increasing rate while responding to routine calls. The time is now upon us , ALL Officers who respond to Calls for Service MUST be tactically trained. The HIGH RISK PATROL TACTICS Course is our newest course designed just for this reason. I’ve compiled the best of my 30 plus years into this 20 hour course with the intention of teaching the Officer as much tactical information possible over two days. These are not watered down active shooter only tactics based around a single situation. The tactics taught in this course apply to any and ALL situations Officers face, rural or urban environments. At $189.00 you will not find a better package taught by a more experienced instructor. Some of the topics taught include:
- How to Properly Set Up a Plate Carrier
- Understanding Categories of Attack
- Important Survival Considerations
- Aspects of Stress Response
- Close Range Encounters, Live Fire with Pistol and Rifle
- Firing from Disabled and Disadvantage Positions
- Individual and Small Team Movement (1-3 Officers)
- Exterior Movement, Vehicle to Hard Cover
- Exterior Movement, Hard cover to Vehicle
- Interior Movement, Live Fire Shoot House, 1, 2 and 3 man Tactics
- Vehicle Hard Points, Long Range Encounters
- The Approach and Contact Phases of the CFS
- Vehicle Approach on High Risk Calls
- Vehicle and Officer Down Scenarios
- Equipment and Vehicle Usage
- Training/Working in Daylight and in Darkness
I have always taught and to this day believe it is on the individual Officer to see to it that they have the best training possible. Most Departments are overwhelmed and burdened with scheduling and providing the many mandated course required these days. NONE of these have anything to do with Officer survival. It is for this reason that I keep my price VERY REASONABLY and anyone who has taken one of my course will tell you that I give you my 100%, every course I teach! You will work hard in this class any you will leave with fresh knowledge and more familiar with tactics that you will be able to employ on your very next shift, should the need arise. We all want to go home every day to our families I have committed myself to training as many Officers as possible so that we all go home!
LIST OF REQUIREMENTS
- (Optional) Plate carrier/Swat gear/Chest rig
- Duty belt and holster
- Duty pistol, 3 magazines, 400 rounds
- Duty Rifle, 3 magazines, 400 rounds
- Weapon mountable lights
- Handheld light
- Mag pouches for rifle/pistol
- Tac sling for rifle
- Eye/ear protection
- Food and water for long range days
- Duty ballistic vest (if not using plate carrier)
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY This Course meets the 16 hour course #3322 objectives outlined by TCOLE
The Patrol Rifle Course is designed specifically for Peace Officers desiring to deploy or carry the AR15 or similar style weapon in the performance of their duties.
This course includes an informative theory session followed by a progression of live fire drills covering essential fundamentals and skills needed to deal with increasing threats we may encounter. Students will complete a TCOLE qualification and upon returning to your agency, will be fully qualified to carry.
Today Law Enforcement Officers are seeing an increase in violence being directed at law enforcement by illegal groups and criminals that are pouring into and operating in the United States. These groups have tactical training and equipment that we have seldom had to deal with in the past and they are actively looking to engage and defeat law enforcement.
The Patrol Rifle Course #3322 will teach theory as well as practical application in the form of live fire drills that will get you up to speed on the attack/ambush and other violence methodology that has arrived on our door step.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be in an elite group of LE who have learned and understand how to effectively battle this increasing threat, in other words, you will better know your threat and will better be equipped to confront it.
Some topic covered are:
- Understanding the weapon system and accessories available
- Ballistics and Battle Field Zero
- Standard and Un-orthodox shooting positions
- Static and Dynamic Range Drills
- 2 Man drills
- Firing from and around vehicles
- Close and long range contact
- Disadvantage Positions
TCOLE Qualification course
- Patrol Rifle
- Tactical Sling
- Optic (optional)
- 3 Magazines
- 500 Rounds Ammunition
- Magazine Pouch, Chest Rig or Tac Vest
- Duty Pistol
- Duty Belt or similar rig
- 3 Magazines
- 100 Rounds Ammunition
- Drinking Water
This course will be taught by Tim Bulot. Tim has 25 Years experience as a Police Officer in Texas plus 8 years with the Department of State’s Mobil Anti-terrorism Teams. Tim was a team leader and later promoted to Sub-Director of the Anti Kidnapping Initiative in Colombia, South America. Tim completed 7 full tours in Colombia leading a MATT Team, plus time in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Yugoslavia, and numerous other Latin countries. Tim’s vast experience both in country and overseas gives him a real-world approach to his teachings and also a thorough understanding of today’s ever increasing threats.
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY
STRATEGIC WEAPONS ACADEMY OF TEXAS