Defensive Pistol 1st Progression Course
COST $110.oo / $99.oo CASH
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
SPECIAL PRICE FOR TEACHERS/FACULTY $75.00
This one day course takes you through the “1st Progression”, a series of drills and exercises safely taught in the “Ideal Situation Phase”. In this phase you will developed the foundation of a competent defensive shooter, safely and effectively operating your handgun. Upon completion you must demonstrate a proficiency evaluation and demonstrate a series of linked exercises based on the material taught in the 1st Progression. New shooters will graduate with understanding and ability to deploy the handgun in defensive situations, experienced shooters will improve their existing skill and acquire new knowledge and perspective.
Tim Bulot is an instructor with 30 years of Police experience, many of these years working overseas for the U.S. State Departments Anti-terrorism Team. Tim was the Deputy Program Manager of the DOS Anti-kidnap Initiative, which required that he live and operate in a high risk foreign environment for many years. Don’t pass on this opportunity to learn from one of the most experienced instructors available.
This course is available to law enforcement, security teams, civilian groups, families, or private individuals. Please contact us for details.
We start at 10:00 am, please be there at 9:45.
- Service caliber Handgun
- Quality Holster
- Quality Magazine Pouch
- 250 Rounds
- 3 Magazines
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Food and Water for the Day
Questions? Contact us: email@example.com
EXPLOSIVE HANDLERS & BREACHING COURSE
Duration: 5 days
Students: 8 Min – 24 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Military or Government Agencies
The aim of this 5 day course is to introduce the student to time tested and operationally proven drills and procedures in order to establish or further enhance an existing explosive breaching program within their unit or department.
This course has been designed for non EOD Technicians who have little to no experience in the recognition and safe handling of explosive compounds. Day one will be devoted to the theory and handling of explosives with days two-five focusing on explosive breaching techniques.
Course content includes:
- Explosive storage and transportation regulations ATF -DOT
- Theory of explosives and explosions
- Explosive safety
- Explosive accessories
- Recognition of low and high explosive compounds
- Preparation and firing of charges using non-electric fuse and shock tube initiated blasting caps
- Misfired charge procedures
- History and theory of explosive breaching
- Critical safety issues – calculating net explosive weight, safe stacking distance, and internal overpressure
- Breaching report documentation
- Breaching wood and metal doors
- Breaching windows
- Defeating barricaded doors
- Introduction to internal door charges
- Introduction to charge placement drills
- Reacting to a misfired charge
- Multiple breach points
- Developing standard operating procedures
- Target analysis
- Breacher’s brief back format
- Breacher’s operational data aide memoir
- Cover port breaching on dry walls
On successful completion of this course, the student will possess the necessary skills to safely and confidently employ explosive breaching charges in support of special operation missions.
- Ear protection
- Eye Protection: Clear lens safety wrap-around style glasses
- Range training uniform (long sleeve)
- Nomex gloves (recommended)
- Ballistic protection – soft armor or plate carrier with plates
- Handgun or carbine (no ammo, blue gun is acceptable)
- Flash Drive up to 8GB (course breach reports, photos, videos and SOPs)
PROTECTIVE OPERATIONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY 20 hours TCOLE CREDIT
This course is two 10 hour days. It is a demanding course loaded with information, range exercises and dynamic drills. Students should be of the physical ability to withstand two days of constant movement. Day one will conclude with a Night Lab exercise. Your duty weapon is required however, if you are certified with the Patrol Rifle, you may use this weapons for some of the exercises. You will need 500 rounds pistol or 300 rounds pistol and 200 rounds rifle along with extra magazines and mag pouches. We will also be drawing from concealment therefore a concealment holster and jacket/vest are required.
– Concepts, Theory and Principles of High Risk Protection
– Equipment for Travel, Vehicles and Personal Gear
– Live Fire Pistol/Rifle Drills Relevant to Protective Operations
– Selection and Professionalism of Detail Members
– Rolls and Responsibilities of Detail Members
– Advance Security Survey and Threat Assessment
– Foot Movement/Formations
– Threat Recognition and Indications
– Static Vehicle Shooting Drills Live Fire
– Immediate action Drills, Ambush Situations, Dynamic Live Fire
– Motorcade Procedures
– Vehicle Arrival and Departure Drills
*With over 30 years in Law Enforcement plus 8 years full time working over seas in the tactical field, you wont find a more experienced instructor offering a course such as this one for only $169.00!! This course easily beats out other courses costing 3 – 4 times more!
Students will receive 20 hours TCOLE credit through Navarro College Police Academy.
High Risk Patrol Tactics –
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY – 20 Hrs TCOLE Credit
Officers are being ambushed at an increasing rate while responding to routine calls. The time is now upon us , ALL Officers who respond to Calls for Service MUST be tactically trained. The HIGH RISK PATROL TACTICS Course is our newest course designed just for this reason. I’ve compiled the best of my 30 plus years into this 20 hour course with the intention of teaching the Officer as much tactical information possible over two days. These are not watered down active shooter only tactics based around a single situation. The tactics taught in this course apply to any and ALL situations Officers face, rural or urban environments. At $189.00 you will not find a better package taught by a more experienced instructor. Some of the topics taught include:
- How to Properly Set Up a Plate Carrier
- Understanding Categories of Attack
- Important Survival Considerations
- Aspects of Stress Response
- Close Range Encounters, Live Fire with Pistol and Rifle
- Firing from Disabled and Disadvantage Positions
- Individual and Small Team Movement (1-3 Officers)
- Exterior Movement, Vehicle to Hard Cover
- Exterior Movement, Hard cover to Vehicle
- Interior Movement, Live Fire Shoot House, 1, 2 and 3 man Tactics
- Vehicle Hard Points, Long Range Encounters
- The Approach and Contact Phases of the CFS
- Vehicle Approach on High Risk Calls
- Vehicle and Officer Down Scenarios
- Equipment and Vehicle Usage
- Training/Working in Daylight and in Darkness
I have always taught and to this day believe it is on the individual Officer to see to it that they have the best training possible. Most Departments are overwhelmed and burdened with scheduling and providing the many mandated course required these days. NONE of these have anything to do with Officer survival. It is for this reason that I keep my price VERY REASONABLY and anyone who has taken one of my course will tell you that I give you my 100%, every course I teach! You will work hard in this class any you will leave with fresh knowledge and more familiar with tactics that you will be able to employ on your very next shift, should the need arise. We all want to go home every day to our families I have committed myself to training as many Officers as possible so that we all go home!
LIST OF REQUIREMENTS
- (Optional) Plate carrier/Swat gear/Chest rig
- Duty belt and holster
- Duty pistol, 3 magazines, 400 rounds
- Duty Rifle, 3 magazines, 400 rounds
- Weapon mountable lights
- Handheld light
- Mag pouches for rifle/pistol
- Tac sling for rifle
- Eye/ear protection
- Food and water for long range days
- Duty ballistic vest (if not using plate carrier)
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY This Course meets the 16 hour course #3322 objectives outlined by TCOLE
The Patrol Rifle Course is designed specifically for Peace Officers desiring to deploy or carry the AR15 or similar style weapon in the performance of their duties.
This course includes an informative theory session followed by a progression of live fire drills covering essential fundamentals and skills needed to deal with increasing threats we may encounter. Students will complete a TCOLE qualification and upon returning to your agency, will be fully qualified to carry.
Today Law Enforcement Officers are seeing an increase in violence being directed at law enforcement by illegal groups and criminals that are pouring into and operating in the United States. These groups have tactical training and equipment that we have seldom had to deal with in the past and they are actively looking to engage and defeat law enforcement.
The Patrol Rifle Course #3322 will teach theory as well as practical application in the form of live fire drills that will get you up to speed on the attack/ambush and other violence methodology that has arrived on our door step.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be in an elite group of LE who have learned and understand how to effectively battle this increasing threat, in other words, you will better know your threat and will better be equipped to confront it.
Some topic covered are:
- Understanding the weapon system and accessories available
- Ballistics and Battle Field Zero
- Standard and Un-orthodox shooting positions
- Static and Dynamic Range Drills
- 2 Man drills
- Firing from and around vehicles
- Close and long range contact
- Disadvantage Positions
TCOLE Qualification course
- Patrol Rifle
- Tactical Sling
- Optic (optional)
- 3 Magazines
- 500 Rounds Ammunition
- Magazine Pouch, Chest Rig or Tac Vest
- Duty Pistol
- Duty Belt or similar rig
- 3 Magazines
- 100 Rounds Ammunition
- Drinking Water
This course will be taught by Tim Bulot. Tim has 25 Years experience as a Police Officer in Texas plus 8 years with the Department of State’s Mobil Anti-terrorism Teams. Tim was a team leader and later promoted to Sub-Director of the Anti Kidnapping Initiative in Colombia, South America. Tim completed 7 full tours in Colombia leading a MATT Team, plus time in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Yugoslavia, and numerous other Latin countries. Tim’s vast experience both in country and overseas gives him a real-world approach to his teachings and also a thorough understanding of today’s ever increasing threats.
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY
STRATEGIC WEAPONS ACADEMY OF TEXAS