Weapons Academy has a worldwide reputation in the tactical training industry for law enforcement, military and security teams. Weapons Academy is an extremely fast growing training center preparing professionals today for tomorrow’s challenges. We believe in realistic hands on skill building courses ranging from beginner to expert with emphasis on safety. Because of our years of experience we are confident that we can support your individual or agency needs. Whether it be customized courses, mobile training teams, equipment or the utilization of our facility for your own training, we are here to support you.
CEO / SENIOR MASTER INSTRUCTOR
- 30-year Master Peace Officer (Irving PD/ECSO)
- 8 years Department of State, DS/ATA
- Team Leader, Mobile Anti-Terrorist Teams (MATT) AKI
- Deputy Program Manager, Advisor to GAULA, AKI
- Tactical Commander/Incident Command DS/ATA
- Triple Canopy, Instructor for WPS Program
- K&R Negotiator
- Numerous overseas operations totaling more than 9 years
- Certified Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun Instructor
- Certified Close Quarter Battle Instructor
- Defensive Tactics Instructor and 10thDegree Black Belt
- Explosive/Mechanical/Ballistic Breaching Instructor
- Executive Protection Instructor
- Sniper Instructor
- Beretta, Glock, Sig, Remington, Colt & Glock Armorer
- DS Armorer instructor for M4 and Glock
- Currently a Supervisor for Ellis County SO — Patrol/SWAT
Tim designs and approves all training programs taught at SWAT, based on “real world” experience.
COO/ MASTER INSTRUCTOR / LATIN AMERICA COORDINATOR
- Lt. Colonel, Colombian National Police – Retired (Served 21 years )
- Former Director, Anti-Kidnapping Academy, Colombia
- Former Director, Kidnap Prevention Program, Colombia, Led business training programs on the prevention of kidnapping and extortion in Colombia.
- U. S. State Dept., Cyber Crimes
- Firearms Instructor U. S. State Department
- Numerous Leadership Training Courses
- Police professor of the Colombian National Police, First Class, taught classes such as shooting instructor, police surveillance, forensics, police services, human rights and international humanitarian law in different schools to officers, patrolmen, NCOs, cadets, second lieutenants and officers in training. Currently an instructor at the STRATEGIC WEAPONS ACADEMY OF TEXAS.
HMCS(FMF) Terry D. Green(USN RET)
- Entered the Navy in 1988, attending recruit training at RTC Great Lakes, Illinois.
- Senior Chief Green’s military education includes Hospital Corps “A” School in Great Lakes, Illinois; Field Medical Service School at FMSS Camp Pendleton, California; Instructor Training School, Fleet Training Center, San Diego, California; and Surface Forces Independent Duty Corpsman School, Naval School of Health Sciences, San Diego, California.
- His first tour of duty was assignment to Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, where he worked on the Surgical Ward and in the Intensive Care Unit. He has spent the bulk of his career with the Fleet Marine Forces serving with the Second Battalion, Ninth Marines; Third Battalion, Fourth Marines; First Battalion, Fourth Marines; the First Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion twice; Regimental Combat Team 7; Bravo Surgical Company, 1st Medical Battalion; TECOM as an FMSS instructor; and 5th Marine Regiment. He served briefly as an Enlisted Community Manager for Hospital Corpsmen, and served as the SEL/IDC for Branch Medical Clinic, San Clemente Island.
- In 2002, he was selected to Chief Petty Officer and was selected to Senior Chief in 2008.
- Senior Chief Green has earned the Enlisted Fleet Marine Force Warfare Specialist insignia both Ground Combat Element and Logistics Combat Element. His personal awards include the Meritorious Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal(6 Awards), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with gold star, Combat Action Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal with silver star, Iraqi Campaign Medal with EGA and 3 stars, Afghan Campaign Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal and several unit, campaign and expeditionary awards.
Training and honing his firearm proficiency through mandatory tactical training labs covering curricula like:
• Interior Movement and Room Entry Tactics
• Law Enforcement Shotgun
• Active Shooter Response
• 4 progressions of Defensive Handgun and Defensive Rifle
• Handgun Retention
• Protective Operations
• Vehicle Situations and Tactics
• Tactical Weapons Skills Enhancement
• TX DPS License to Carry Instructor
• NRA Certified Instructor
• NAEMT Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Provider
• TX DPS Licensed Personal Protection Officer
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS)
My mission is to train qualified individuals with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to carry a handgun legally and effectively on their person in Texas.
- National Rifle Association – Basic Pistol Instructor
- Texas Department of Public Safety – License to Carry a Handgun Instructor
- Texas Department of Public Safety – School Safety Instructor
- Texas Pistol Academy (TPA) – Handgun Instructor 1998 – 2001
- Texas Pistol Academy –
- Graduate of Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Handgun Course
- Graduate of Basic and Advance Carbine Course
- Graduate of Combat Shotgun Course
- Graduate of Basic and Advance Long Range Rifle Course
- Costa Ludus
- Graduate of HE01 – Handgun Employment 01 Course
- Graduate of numerous other firearm classes from Professional Instructors.
- NRA Life Member
- USMCR Veteran